We are pleased to announce that effective Monday, August 20, 2018, we had released the Moscow Exchange (MOEX) for all offices.
As a result, traders will be able to trade Moscow equities again.
In order to trade, managers will need to enable the respective entitlements for their traders in Metro.
And if it is their first time trading the market, they will also need to request buying power.
Most Recent Fee Change
DTTW™ will be covering entitlements for the Russian market (MOEX) until the end of August 2020!
In addition, Moscow will be reducing their gateway fee on Monday, August 5, 2019, as follows:
|Gateway||Liquidity Flags||Description||Current Fee||New Fee|
|MISX||N/A||Flat Fee (All executions)||2.35 BP||2.30 BP|
Top active symbols? We have you covered:
MOEX Market Summary
The MOEX is organized into three segments:
- Main Market
The Main Market segment is the most liquid, where trades are executed with the Central Counterparty and with advance depositing of assets.
But that also leaves the other two segments, ripe for the picking by the savvy lot of you.
- Market Hours: 10:00 AM–6:40 PM Moscow Time (3:00 AM–11:40 AM Eastern Time)
- Market Extension: RU
- Trading Mode: TMS and Live
- Asset Class: Equity
- Currency: Russian ruble (RUB)
- Head Office will cover Russia entitlements for all DTTW™ offices until August 2020
- Entitlements package provides Level1, Level2, and TOS data for Russia symbols
- Order Types: Market, Market on Close, Limit, Limit on Close
- Gateway: MISX
- Available Symbols: EMEA: RU – Moscow
- Shorts: no intraday shorts requests; please see daily short availability file on TIP
- Trading Sessions:
- Opening auction: 09:50:00 AM – 09:59:(31-59) AM
- Continuous trading: 10:00:00 AM – 6:39:59 PM
- Closing auction: 6:40:01 PM – 6:50:00 PM
- Good to Know:
- Russia does not observe Daylight Saving Time
- Head Office was happy to cover Russia entitlements for new traders under the Europe Entitlements Promotion
How to Trade the MOEX
To start trading on the Russia market, you will need to:
- Request equity buying power in RUB currency for your traders in Metro: Live Processes: Buying Power: EMEA or Metro: TMS Processes: Buying Power: EMEA
- Enable the Russia entitlement package for your traders in Metro: Live Processes: Entitlements: EMEA
Take note: Head Office will cover Russia entitlements for all DTTW™ offices until August 2020!
Configure Keyboard Setup in PPro8 by selecting the “EMEA” region, the “Russia” market, the “MISX” gateway, and the “Moscow” destination
New offices: remember, you can explore the many opportunities on the Moscow market risk-free in TMS!
OJSC “Moscow Exchange MICEX-RTS”
OJSC “Moscow Exchange MICEX-RTS” is the largest exchange in Russia and Eastern Europe both in terms of turnover and the extensive client base.
It was created in December 2011 after the merger of the country’s two leading exchanges, MICEX and RTS.
The Moscow Exchange ranks among the world’s top 20 exchanges by value of securities traded and market capitalization.
It is also the 9th largest exchange worldwide by derivatives trading.
This is part of our goal to give you access to all the 137 electronically traded exchanges around the world so you can make more money.