October 7, 2019
Meet the Expert: Marc Roberts
You can join us on TraderTV.Live tomorrow at 9:05 AM Eastern as we welcome Marc Roberts to the show!He’ll be talking about what’s happening on the NYSE floor in the moment—so remember to tune in tomorrow morning!
Broker Summary: Cuttone & Co.
- A market leader in providing advanced institutional trading technology and execution
- Foundational offerings include institutional direct market access, custom algorithmic trading strategies, prime brokerage, options execution, and fixed income trading
- Providing execution and consulting services to institutional asset managers, hedge funds, family offices, professional traders, and other broker dealers
- Maintaining strict compliance with NYSE, FINRA, and SEC rules and regulations
- Operator of a uniquely configured digital infrastructure that affords great flexibility in order flow routing and execution
- One of the world’s most respected broker dealers
Market Summary: New York Stock Exchange
The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) – also known as “The Big Board” – is an American stock exchange and one of the primary equity markets in the United States. Founded in 1792, it has long been an icon of capitalism.
Over the years, NYSE has merged with other exchanges globally, and is now owned by Intercontinental Exchange, an American holding company. The NYSE is by far the world’s largest stock exchange by market capitalization of its listed companies at US$30.1 trillion as of February 2018.
Traders, why should you be paying attention to THE New York Stock Exchange? If you’re asking this question as a trader, you aren’t wheeling the gold to the bank. Apple, Google, GM, GE, Boeing… every large mover in the market calls this place home, a 30.1 trillion dollar home.
If you aren’t paying attention to the pulse of Wall Street, what are you doing with your trading time? If you’re watching the NYSE floor and following the big players and the money flow… well then, you’re one step closer to the bank and 10 steps ahead of the average investor… so read, learn, and most importantly, pay attention to the very pulse of Wall Street.
- Market Hours: 9:30 AM–4:00 PM Eastern Time
- Market Extension: NY
- Trading Mode: TMS & Live
- Asset Class: Equity
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Entitlements packages:
- NYSE consolidated provides Consolidated L1 and Consolidated TOS for NYSE
- NYOB provides complete NYSE (NYB) book on NYSE, and the imbalance on NYSE
- Entitlements packages:
- Order Types: please see the Order Type Reference Guide for complete order type information
- Gateway: CUTN
- Fees: please see the Fee Table for complete fee information
- Top Volume Symbols for September 2019:
- Available Symbols: NYSE
- Shorts: intraday short requests allowed; please see daily short availability file on TIP
- Trading Sessions: please see the NYSE’s Holidays & Trading Hours page for more information
- Good to Know:
- The NYSE owns and operates the NYSE American, NYSE Arca Equities, NYSE National, and NYSE Chicago markets, among others
- On high-volume rebalance days, we remind you to keep in mind the d-Quote order guidelines and NYSE closing procedures
How to Trade
To start trading the NYSE market, you will need to:
- Request equity buying power in USD currency for your traders in Metro: Live Processes: Buying Power: Americas or Metro: TMS Processes: Buying Power: Americas
- Enable an entitlement package for your traders in Metro: Live Processes: Entitlements: US
- Configure Keyboard Setup in PPro8 by selecting the “NCSA” region, the “New York” market, the “CUTN” gateway, and a destination of your choice
Want to read more about it? You can check out these resources:
- Cuttone notes (posting 3 times a day on TIP)
- NYSE official website
- NYSE Holidays & Trading Hours
- Behind the Scenes—An insider’s guide to the NYSE closing auction
- NYSE Market Resource Center
(Your traders will thank you)