What to watch in the coming week: Walmart, cannabis earnings, and New Zealand rates decision
This week, several things happened. China and the United States agreed to start lowering their tariffs while the Bank of England signalled that it may be forced to lower interest rates.
Several main companies released their earnings. These include the likes of Roku and Disney. Gold price slipped as the market moved to high-yielding stocks. In this article, we will look at the most important things that we will be looking at in the coming week.
In the coming week, we will receive multiple economic data from around the world. On Monday, we will receive machinery order data from Japan. This data is important because Japan is one of the most important machinery exporters in the world.
We will also receive GDP and trade data from the United Kingdom. We will also receive industrial production data from Mexico. These numbers are important because they show us the health of the economy.
On Tuesday. We will receive the immigration data from New Zealand and business confidence data from Australia. From the United Kingdom, traders will receive average employment data. The unemployment rate is expected to decline slightly from 3.9% to 3.8%.
In Germany, the market will receive survey data.
On Wednesday, the market will receive interest rates data from New Zealand. The bank of New Zealand is expected to leave rates unchanged at 1.0%. The bank will unlikely slash rates because it appears that the trade war between the United States is easing.
In Germany, traders will receive inflation data. The same is true from the UK, where they will receive CPI, PPI, and RPI data. They will also receive CPI data from the United States.
On Thursday, the market will receive GDP data from Japan. The economy is expected to decline from 0.3% to 0.2%. The market will also receive the employment data from Australia and industrial production, unemployment rate, and retail sales from China.
The market will also receive the GDP data from Germany and retail sales from the UK.
On Friday, the market will receive GDP data from Hong Kong, industrial production from Japan, CPI data from Europe, and retail sales from the US.
The earnings season will also continue in the coming week. There are some companies that will release their earnings.
- Monday: companies to watch will be Farmland Partners, Cronos, and Nortech Systems.
- Tuesday: the market will receive earnings data from Cronos, Linde, AECOM, Overstock, CBS, D.R. Horton, Tyson Foods, Sunrun, SmileDirectClub, Tilray, Skyworks Solutions, Carbonyte, Amdocs, and Tidewater among others.
- Wednesday: the market will receive earnings from Teekay Corporation, McClatchy, Cisco, NetApp, Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, and Akaline Water Company.
- Thursday: the market will receive results from companies like Wix.com, Viacom, Walmart, CSS Industries, Dolby Laboratories, and Aurola Cannabis, Dropcar, and Roan Resources.
- Friday: companies to watch will be IMAC, Dillard’s, Broadvision, Williams Sonoma, and Yuma Energy.