PPro8 Alert List Editor & Screener
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Open Alert List Editor
1. On the PPro8 toolbar, click AlertListEditor.
2. The Alert List Editor window appears.
Alert List Editor components
The Alert List Editor window is divided into two panes: Lists and Alerts.
Name: a unique name set by you for an alerts list
Custom Value: custom value for offset; can be positive or negative integer
Create a new alert
Symbols List Editor
Use the Symbols List Editor to create a new symbol list and use it as the basis for an alert.
1. Open the Symbols List Editor.
2. Create a new symbols list, either:
i. Click New.
ii. Type a unique list name in the Enter Symbol List Name Window, and then click OK.
iii. In the Symbol column, type a symbol or a list of symbols, and then press Enter.
iv. Click Save.
b) by importing a symbols list:
i. Click Import.
ii. Select a CSV file from your computer.
iii. Click Save.
3. The symbols list is ready to use for adding an alert. Refer to the Symbols List Editor manual for more information.
Alert List Editor
Use the Alert List Editor to create and edit alerts, alert groups, and alert lists.
1. Open the Alert List Editor.
2. In the Lists pane, click New.
3. The Alerts Name Input Box appears. Type a name for the alert list, for example, “NQ Alerts”, and then click OK.
4. Several menus and a field appear in the Alerts pane.
5. Select menu items and type a custom value, as needed. For example:
6. As alert parameters are edited, the Description status bar updates with the new information, for example: Description: AskPrice <FirstPrice+2%
7. To set a sound effect for the alert, select the Alert Sound check box, click the (…) button, click a WAV sound file in the media folder, and then click Open.
8. Click Save.
9. The Save Dialog window appears. Click Save to save changes, Discard to discard changes, or Cancel to cancel changes.
10. The alert and alert sound effect are set.
Note: only one sound effect can be used at a time for all alerts.
11. Create new alerts and alert groups, or delete them as needed until the alert list is set according to your preferences.
12. Open the Screener to screen and monitor alerts.
A single alert list can have up to 3 alert conditions: these alerts will have the AND condition, which means that the alert will trigger only when all conditions occur.
A single alert list can have up to 3 alert groups: these groups will have the OR condition, which means that the alert will trigger when one of the group conditions occurs.
A single alert list can have up to 3 alert conditions and 3 alert groups: these alerts will have the AND and OR conditions which means that the alert will trigger only when all conditions in a certain group occur.
With the PPro8 Screener, you can screen alerts set up with the Alert List Editor and monitor stocks by timestamp, symbol, and alert name. Multiple Screener windows can be open at the same time for multiple alerts.
1. On the PPro8 toolbar, click Screener.
2. The Screener window appears.
Activate an alert for screening
1. Open the Screener.
2. In the Alerts List menu, click the name of the alert list you created with the Alert List Editor.
3. In the Symbols List menu, click the name of the symbols list you created with the Symbols List Editor.
4. Click Activate.
5. The screening process is activated. Stock alerts appear with a sound effect and the following information:
Ts (Timestamp): market time, for example, 15:59:35.495
Sym (Symbol): symbol and market extension, for example, HOFT.NQ
Alrt (Alert): alert identifier name, for example, AskPrice <FirstPrice+2%
Status: status of the alert, for example, Status: Fulfilled=127
6. Click Stop to stop the screener.
7. When the alerts are activated, click Re-Enable All to reactivate.
To make changes to the Screener settings, right-click anywhere in the Screener window to open the Screener Customization. This window shows one tab on the left: Display.