Eurex is a leading derivatives exchanges offering a broad range of international benchmark products, operating the most liquid fixed income markets in the world, and featuring open and low-cost electronic access.
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Currency: US Dollar (USD)
Trading hours vary by contract. For more information, see the Contract Specifications document.
You can use the following formula to calculate the contract value for each futures series. This value represents the amount of Buying Power (BP) you would need to trade a single contract.
1. DAX Index Futures: contract value = Price * 25 EUR
2. Mini-DAX Futures (FDXM): contract value = price * 5 EUR
3. Euro-Bobl Futures: contract value = price * 1000 EUR
4. Euro-Schatz Futures: contract value = price * 1000 EUR
5. Euro Stoxx 50 Index Futures: contract value = price * 10 EUR
6. Short-Term Euro-BTP Futures: contract value = price * 1000 EUR
7. VSTOXX Futures: contract value = price * 100 EUR
Please make sure that you familiarize yourself with the expiration dates of the different contracts and the universal month codes for them. The month codes to denote contract expiration months are universal, and can be found on the Contract Month Codes page.
The symbology format is as follows:
- XXX: 2–4 character Eurex product code, e.g., FDAX
- M: month code, e.g., Z
- YY: year code (last two digits of the year), e.g., 15
For example, the DAX Index Futures contract expiring on December 18, 2015, would be: FDAX\Z15
- Limit Buy/Sell→ShortSell
- Market Buy/Sell→ShortSell
Basic Market Rules
- Lot Size: 1 contract.
- Tick Size: varies, please refer to contract specifications.
- Short Sale Rules: short selling is allowed, and no mark or locates are required for shorting.
- Circuit Breakers: Eurex has circuit breaker (volatility interrupt) mechanisms in place but does not disclose their details. For more information, you can read the T7 FIX Gateway document.
For more information, see the Rules and Regulations page.