The Irish Stock Exchange is a global leader in the listing of debt and fund securities and is a European gateway exchange for companies seeking to access investors in Europe and beyond. With over 35,000 securities listed on its markets, the ISE is the exchange of choice for over 4,000 issuers from more than 85 countries to raise funds and access international investors.
|Session||GMT (Local Time)|
|Pre-Trading||06:30 - 07:50|
|Opening Auction||07:50 - 08:00|
|Continuous Trading||08:00 - 16:28|
|Closing Auction||16:28 - 16:29:45|
|Post-Trading||16:29:45 - 17:15|
- Iceberg Buy/Sell→ShortSell (Day/IOC)
- Limit Buy/Sell→ShortSell (Day/IOC)
- Market Buy/Sell→ShortSell (Day/IOC)
Basic Market Rules
- Lot Size: 100.
- Tick Size: for symbols in the ISEQ 20, varies by price, as follows:
|Price Range (Euro)||Tick Size (Euro)|
|>10 and <=50||0.005|
|>50 and <=100||0.01|
For all symbols not in the ISEQ 20, tick size is 0.001.
- Short Sale Rules: naked short selling is prohibited; locate is required.
- Circuit Breakers: volatility auction when a static/dynamic limit is broken. Dynamic uses last TOS price. Static uses the opening price for the day, or, if that is not available, the closing price from the previous day.
- Note: as part of pre-trade transparency requirements under the new MiFID II rule, Europe hidden or hidden portion of iceberg (e.g., CHIX-X Bats and Turquoise reserve/dark orders) order must be sent above the Large In Scale (LIS) thresholds as defined by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). For more information about the MiFID II rules, visit the ESMA official website at https://www.esma.europa.eu/.
1. Opening Auction (07:50 - 08:00)
- Limit and Market orders may be entered, amended, and cancelled
2. Closing Auction (16:28 - 16:29:45)
- Market and Market-on-Close orders may be entered, amended, and cancelled