The Singapore Stock Exchange is the primary exchange in Singapore, and its product offerings include futures contracts.
You can use the following formula to calculate the contract value for each futures series. This value represents the amount of Buying Power (BP) you would need to trade a single contract.
1. FTSE China A50 Index futures: contract value = Price * 1 USD
2. CNX Nifty Index futures: contract value = Price * 2 USD
3. Nikkei 225 futures: contract value = Price * 500 JPY
4. MSCI Singapore Index futures: contract value = Price * 100 SGD
5. MSCI Taiwan Index futures: contract value = Price * 100 USD
Please make sure that you familiarize yourself with the expiration dates of the different contracts. You can find these by reviewing the trading and holiday calendar.
The month codes to denote contract expiration months are universal, and can be found on the Contract Month Codes page.
For more information, see the Derivatives page.
- Limit Buy/Sell→ShortSell
- Market Buy/Sell→ShortSell
Basic Market Rules
- Lot Size: 1 contract.
- Tick Size: varies by contract.
- Short Sale Rules: short selling is allowed, and no mark or locates are required for shorting.
- Circuit Breakers: for more information, you can see the Trading page.